Mold Removal

FORT LAUDERDALE MOLD DAMAGE, REMOVAL & REMEDIATION

If you are a property owner or tenant, and your home has been invaded by mold, you ought to get in touch with a professional mold cleaning company to come to your assistance in eliminating the problem. Mold can result to a number of complications for landlords and other property owners. It can particularly negatively affect the health of the elderly and the younger children. Popular health issues resulting from prolonged exposure to toxic mold include dizziness, fatigue, headaches and problems in the respiratory system.

Professional Mold removal organizations
The team will provide a viable solution to the mold problem in your property. The process kicks off with laboratory tests to ascertain the mold type and the quantity in question. Cleanup companies have the ability to work with haste to determine the extent of the problem albeit in commercial or residential areas. They will also help you in understanding the extent of the problem you are facing.

Preventing Contamination
A possible scenario in unprofessional mold removal is the spread of the mold to areas that initially had no mold. This can be avoided by use of professional services. The importance of prevention of contaminating otherwise mold-free areas of the house and treating the cause of the problem cannot be overestimated. Mold spores are identified and eliminated to avoid spread especially given the airborne nature of the spores.

Health problems from mold
It is good to note that once the premise is contaminated with mold, nothing or no one is safe from the effects. This is mainly due to the airborne nature of the spores. The spores are usually microscopic and can also be transferred through water. Mold spores are notorious for initiating a number of problems for property owners. Clothes, furniture, paint and other things in the premises are not spared from destruction by mold.

Some of the symptoms associated with mold include allergic reactions, easy infection with common cold and flus as well as sinus infections. There are groups that are especially susceptible to these symptoms. These include pregnant women, infants, children, people with low immunity, allergic people, the elderly and those with respiratory issues. If the mold is toxic, the following symptoms may be experienced: Sinus inflammation, nasal congestion, irritation in the eyes and skin, headaches, breathlessness, fatigue, sore throats, hoarseness, runny nose and coughs. Serious symptoms include bleeding in the lungs and nose, ear inflammation, memory loss, pain as well as swelling of the joints.

Mold removal process
The first step is usually draining the water. This is so for buildings which have experienced any level of flooding or water logging due to leakages. Any item that has been rendered wet should also be cleared from the building as fast as possible to avoid foul smells and contamination of the property. The faster the response towards this is, the lower the damage to the property.

To prevent further infestation by the mold, the building has to be cleared of any water moisture floating in the air. The building also has to get a proper clean up. Regulation of the humidity levels in the building must be done cautiously. If the level of humidity is 55% or more, a dehumidifier can be used to lower the level of humidity.

Elimination of the dust particles is the next step. Dust is a major media for transferring mold spores. It is therefore important to eliminate any dust present and ensure that more dust is not accumulated in the vicinity. All rooms should be thoroughly cleaned separately during which the room should be completely cut off from the other rooms. After this, a fan that is placed near an open window or even a door with access to air on the outside can be used.

This is employed to help in the creation of negative air pressure which causes an elimination of the air which was trapped in the room. It ensures that any mold spores released into the air during the cleanup are eliminated with immediate effect. Before any mold removal process begins, always ensure that you switch off the HVAC system in the building.

The next step involves cleaning the mold. In instances where the mold was left in the building for an extended period, it may be too dry to clean up without using water. The aim of the cleanup is to extract most if not all the mold as well as sterilize the building. The adjacent areas should also be cleaned. This should be done whether there is visible mold or not since there may be spores in the air or on the surfaces. The area is then dried in entirety. The area being cleaned may be moistened using water by the professional clean up companies.

After the cleanup process, the mold must be properly disposed off. This can be done by collecting all the dirt from the building and depositing it in plastic trash bags. The trash bags are then taken outside the building. Always ensure that you do not drag or move the trash bags over the cleaned area since they may break off and deposit some mold. For proper disposal, the trash bags should be transferred to a landfill site.